Who Am I?
I’m an Aussie now based in NYC, with 15+ years of experience as a holistic health devotee, working with lotions and potions, heavenly scents, plant medicines and that potent magic called food. My approach to health and wellbeing includes the mind, body, and soul, because I believe they are all connected, and I design my programs to bring balance to all three aspects.
- I have been vegetarian for over 20 years and recently transitioned to vegan. My reason for becoming vegetarian was simply because I one day realized that eating animals turned my stomach, and I cut back and eventually stopped. For me, ethics is the number one reason, and the health benefits are a huge and wonderful bonus. I am here to support and encourage a plant-based diet. I don't believe in judging others for their choices but believe knowledge is power..educate and make the choice that is right for you. We are all traveling our own paths and it is not up to one person to force change on another.
- I’ve worked with people of all ages, levels of health and walks of life, from Vogue editors, to stay-at-home moms. My passion is helping people to empower themselves and transform their health and wellbeing.
- My interest in holistic health and wellbeing began in my teenage years when I started concocting lotions and potions in the kitchen.
- I'm not one of those lucky people who grew up on a diet of wholesome food or exercise. I grew up on a typical Aussie diet of meat, processed food, and lots of sugar (like the typical Standard American Diet). Stress was high from a young age because of social anxiety and it took me until my mid-20s before I started exploring healthier ways to live. Fast-forward 15 years and I found myself moving to NYC from Australia. This was a challenge health-wise for many reasons, and it took some extra self-care practices to regain tranquility and a sense of wellbeing. I have felt and seen the effects from not honoring my body and I have done the work to transform, and understand what it feels like to be in less than a high-end state of health and wellbeing. Put those pieces of the puzzle back together and life becomes so much easier and more fun!
- When I’m not helping other people create their dream health, I can be found curled up with a book (or ten) with my beautiful rescued street kitty 'Eleven', still being dazzled by NYC, watching Sex and the City re-runs and buying Dita Von Teese’s cast-offs.